We started the c-section process this afternoon at around 4:20, with things going very routine.
The plan has always been for our Baby A (Penelope Anne) to come out first and Baby B (Lydia Belle) to come out second. But the girls had other thoughts this evening because as the delivery process began because Lydia was the first to join us in the world and Penelope came out second.
Lydia Belle Chu born 12.22.2010 at 4:49pm at 2lbs 4oz.
Penelope Anne Chu born 12.22.2010 at 4:50 at 1lbs 8oz.
Just in case people haven't been following they are 2 months early and are preemies. Our Penelope was diagnosed as a Selective Intrauterine Growth Restriction baby and because she needed to come out early, Lydia had to follow even though she was completely fine.
I took quite a number of pictures but for now I'm only going to post these two from the birth.
Lydia Belle. She and her sister both came frank breech. She was unexpectedly first. My first glance As soon as she was able to, she began to cry her little mouse cries tell us she was upset. She began flailing and fighting.

Penelope Anne. So tiny!! She fought and flailed also on her way out, crying and making a fuss. The NICU doctor called her "a feisty one!" and was pleasantly surprised by her activity. It's only solidifies what Bethany was feeling in the womb. Our Penny is a fighter.

A quick shot of us after the girls had been sent up to the NICU. Bethany did amazing! The process was so quick and the doctors and nurses incredible. Thank you all at Methodist Germantown Women's and Children's Pavilion.

Thank you ALL for your prayers and thoughts that you have given us over the past 7 months. We are amazingly humbled by everyone that we know and don't know that have interceded for us and our babies. We still walk a precarious path with two tiny babies and we will continue to hope and pray that their little lives will be taken care of by our Jesus.
we are continuing to pray for you two and those sweet little baby girls! --stacey shepard
ReplyDeleteYes - Jaye and I are praying too! Sooo excited for you guys, and can't wait to hear more about the girls' progress!!
ReplyDeleteWe are praying and have been for a while. :)
ReplyDeleteDude, your girls are total fatties. ;) (If you don't know why I say that, ask Bethany - I promise I'm not being cruel!) They are beautiful and feisty - the fact that you heard them cry is AWESOME! I'm so proud of them! There may be much up and down ahead of you, but today is a very, very good day. Please don't hesitate to contact me if we can help in any way. The NICU is a crazy place!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! You guys look way too happy and relaxed to have just had babies. I can't believe you updated so soon!
ReplyDeletePraying for you guys and those two precious little girls.
They're beautiful. Still praying.
ReplyDelete