Life is wonderful and crazy and going by so quickly. The short version of the update of our life is that the girls are growing very quickly, Jonathan has been home for the last few months because his band is taking a break to work on recording, and I've decided to go apply for graduate school to become a Speech Pathologist. Crazy, I know. With two girls going to college, getting married, and expecting to eat along the way, I need to have more earning potential. The University of Memphis has a 2 year Masters program for Speech Language Pathology and that would open so many more opportunities for me. I'm excited about the possiblities and asking for your prayers as we embark on 2 solid years of Ramen Noodles. Fortunatly Jonathan is a CHAMP at dressing up some Ramen.
Our chickens are still doing well...for the most part. Illy escorted two of them to the "Happy Pecking Grounds" but we have since remedied the problem. We are now down to 3 of our own and we are chicken sitting for my Mother In Law's 3. I have to admit, I'm tempted to get some baby chicks this spring so that they can be all grown up by the time my school starts.
Having the chickens necesitates more trips to the Tractor Supply.
This is my very favorite picture of ours from our little Halloween park trip. I put way too much time and thought into these costumes so I think the girls wore them 3 or 4 times that week. I just couldn't get enough of the cuteness!!
This was one of our first puddle jumping experiences. Since we don't quite have the jump skill down yet it was more like a puddle stomping experience but it was fun anyway
This was a picture Jonathan sent me while I was at the hospital with Penny. It makes me smile every time I see it.
a little standing view of my Thing 1 Thing 2 masterpiece
So Penny caught the Croup in the church nursery and it turned into a nasty infection that required a 4 day stay at LeBonheur. It was quite a bit grueling but it did mean P and I got some quality time together. These pictures were the first glimpse of recovery.
Nurse Heather, Penny and I took a late night trip to JoAnns....hilarity insues
This picture is from earlier in the summer but I couldn't resist posting it just to make sure this moment was saved for posterity. My best friend Sara's two kids are so sweet with my girls. When she asks me to babysit it's almost like asking if I would like to have two little helpers!
Family walk.... (and forced hand holding)
Penny tried to go on the road with her Daddy
Another forced pose...but totally worth it
This was a completely UNforced pose! I got this picture sent to me while I was at work. Both girls are wearing their pajamas plus rain boots. Penny has on a tutu. Their hair is bed head-erific. It's awesome!!! Our neighbor has this little brick wall around their yard that the girls love to balance on. The girls love walking down to Mrs Sue's house (our 80 something year old neighborhood grandmother) and ride their scootie toys down her steep driveway.
These two sweet girls moved in just around the corner from us. They are one month older than P and L and are so identical I have to remember their shirt color to figure out which one is which.
Lydia loves to feed leaves to the chickens through the fence.
This picture will always be precious to me. This was taken on Penny's 1 year anniversary of coming home from the hospital for good. My how far we've come
My favorite Daddy in the whole world and his favorite granddaughters
I can't tell you how many times I find Jonathan or his Dad passed out on the couch with some form of technology in their hand. It must be genetic.
Penny trying to escape in someone's bag again. This time she was trying to get out of the hospital in Nurse Kim's purse!
The whole gang with Penny's happy face
Penny and her boyfriend Mickey....he's so fine
post bath shenanigans with Lydia
Penny always draws a crowd at LeBonheur...and this is one crowd of exceptionally awesome people!
Penelope on her ED throne
This is our sweet friend Lynnlee. Remember the one that the doctors said wouldn't survive multiple times...yea...she's crawling and starting to walk now. She's talking and developing and she's just plain amazing.
This is the reaction I got when I told her we couldn't "tolor" right now. This one loves her sidewalk chalk!
lots of giggles in our house these days
We are so very grateful for our lives. Exhausting though they may be. God continues to provide our every single need and so many of our wants. He is SO good.



























They are some super cute miracles and it looks like they keep you busy...and smiling. Absolutely precious gals you have.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures. Thanks for the picture-update!
ReplyDeleteI have some thoughts:
ReplyDelete1) I can testify to J's Ramen noodle dress-up abilities - superb.
2) I love Tractor Supply and every time I go I find myself wanting baby chicks. And boots.
3) You need to have Josh and Jackie over more so we can see more pics of Lynnlee. :)