Sunday, March 18, 2012

Farewell to Spring Break 2012

Many of my friends went to exotic and lovely places for Spring Break.  I was in paradise.  Me, my girls, my house, our family and friends.  It was wonderful.  Was it productive?  No.  Was it restful? Not really.  Was it exactly what I wanted?  Yes.

Jonathan was home for a few of the days so we too tuesday (along with the rest of Memphis) to go to the Zoo and use our new season passes.  I am just over the moon excited about having a Zoo membership.  I guess, in my mind, it's something that happy little mothers and their children do.  It's also one of my favorite things to do even though I never had a reason to pay for a membership before.  Now I do.  I daydream about going and just sitting on a bench in one of the exhibits and reading a book.  Just because I can!  Ok, there are many pictures and stories and things to say about our visit so I will save that for another post.  Mostly because Jonathan has all the pictures on his computer and he's busy working at the moment and can't send them to me.  Can you imagine? "Excuse me thousands of adoring fans who paid good money to come here Skillet play....we will have a brief moment of silence while Jonathan sends some pictures to his wife...thank you."  I think not.

Most of the week was spent chasing babies, laughing at babies, cleaning up babies' messes, changing babies diapers, watching babies turn into toddlers before my very eyes.  You know...awesome stuff like that.  We tried to get outside as much as possible but the rain kept us in more than I would have liked.  Today we got outside though.  Mah Mah and I were doing some gardening while Lydia was helping with the weeding in the yard.  She was really doing a pretty bang up job!  I was working and looking up from my work checking on her while she played in a pile of dirt.  She was just playing with it, and I'm a fan of dirty kids, so I didn't stop her.  Next time I looked up she looked at me a smiled.  I couldn't see her teeth though.  Inside her mouth was black as night.  Or should it say, black as dirt!  She drooled it all down her shirt while I pulled out the camera.  A few more seconds of dirt exposure wasn't going to hurt her.  And you're welcome, because the pictures I got were pretty cute!  After I washed her off she didn't try the all you can eat snack bar any more so hopefully she didn't develop a taste for it!

Penny woke up and came out to play and when we all got to hot we sat in the shade and talked about the birds and the trees and just had a great time.  Like I said.  I was in paradise.


 Penny and her Mah Mah practicing animal sounds

 "yea...we're awesome"

 "hey mom, give me that phone!" -P
"what is the meaning of life?" -L

 "where are the birds?  up in the tree!" - Mah Mah

 "uh...Mah Mah?  I see one over on the fence...does that count?" -L

 "Oooooh!  Tree not Three!  Now I get it! I was wondering how a bird got in a Three" -P

 "I know you asked me where the bird was but I just thought I'd show you my head first" -P

 "Humans." -Eliza
"Hey Eliza....rub my feet!" - L


No comments:

Post a Comment