So as it goes with this roller coaster, we had a few up days and now Penny's had a down day. Her Ph and CO2 have been off all day and are not improving. They're calling it metabolic acidosis which means that the Ph of her blood is off. The doctor ordered another blood transfusion (her 4th) to try to help with her blood oxygenation. Her heart looked fine on the echo and her lungs were more clear in her most recent x-ray, but she's still not acting right. She hasn't had a sedative all day but she's just been laying there and not fighting when people come to "mess with her"... and that's not like my Penny.
Please pray that Dr Ravi will have clarity on what she needs.
Pray for her nurse Talia as she takes care of her tonight, including putting in a new IV for the blood transfusion.
Pray for Penny that her little body would recover and balance out quickly.
Pray for Jonathan and me as we try to trust God with every little thing and try not to worry.
oh, friend, i'm sure these down days must be so hard on the heart. many prayers for you, J, and the babies.
ReplyDeleteI will be praying. Bombarding heaven on her behalf. My heart aches for you as you ride this roller coaster. You are loved and your friends are praying.
ReplyDeletePraying for all that you've mentioned today, but especially for healing for Penny. Doesn't sound like she feels good at all and I hate that. :-( Praying God will fix whatever's wrong in her little body and that she'll be back to her fiesty little self soon.
ReplyDeleteGlad y'all got to meet the Doyles! I never got to take care of Faith, but I could tell her family was so sweet (from what little interaction I had with them). Everyone at G'town fell in love with them. And I think you guys may have even started out in the same room . . . I think.
Rise up, Lord God! Lift up Your hand. Do not forget the afflicted. Psalm 10:12
ReplyDeleteWe know He adores Penny and will care for her. His love is so great we cannot imagine it. He will not forget her or ever let anything happen to her that He cannot make into something beautiful. I just pray He makes her strong and healthy. I can visualize her running and playing. That will be a glorious day!
Praying. I'm sorry about the tough days.
ReplyDeletePraying for you guys. Much love.
ReplyDelete